Tuesday, October 7, 2008

blankets!

Yesterday on Pioneer Woman Cooks, PW posted a great little photo tutorial on making your own pepitas. I love PW's cooking blog; so much fun. I'll have to get my sister's soy sauce and garlic based recipe for them, the one she used last year when she was doing all that experimenting with the seeds from her pumpkin carving party. They were absolutely delicious and oh, so much tastier than any other snack food. My mouth is watering just thinking of them.

I said last time that I would post some pics of those blankets I have been working on. I still haven't finished the one for M's wedding, but T's is all done as of last Friday night. So, without further ado, here's some pics!

This one is M's. It's really, really big. So much so, in fact, that I can't get it all in one pic with my computer's camera.











It is crocheted using a large, plastic size Q hook just like this one here (funky turqiouse plastic and all) and acrylic yarn.












I used two strands of yarn at once while I was stitching it and because I used such a large hook it has a very airy quality to it while still being nice and warm and comfy.










This one is T's. I used only one strand of yarn at a time and a size K hook. It is crocheted in what is called a Granny Square stitch so it actually did stay a square shape.










I really like the super bright colors against the plain black. It's all acrylics again being that they are the most economical yarn when you're on such a tight budget like I am.










This is a close-up of the stitches themselves. See the line on the diagonal where the groups of stitches are closer than the others? That's where the corner is as rows of stitches are added. If you want to know how to make a blanket like this yourself, a nice tutorial can be found here at Crochet Cabana.

I didn't quite follow all of the instructions there, though. At the beginning I used what some crocheters refer to as a magic circle. You can find a photo tutorial for that here at CrochetMe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails