Saturday, October 4, 2008

new fabric! and too many weddings

Yesterday, C and I went to the Hancock off of 55 to pick up the order for my sister's wedding. 20 yards of 'dark royal' stretch satin (with sparklies) is now standing on end in our computer/bird room. Very pretty. I should start making those bridesmaid dresses some time this week, but I have no practice with my new sewing machine even though it was delivered almost 3 weeks ago. I've been way too busy with school, work at the ticket job, ceramics, regular household operations, work at the spice job, and failing to maintain my sanity to try it out. Now there are no more excuses; withdrawing from uni because I can't afford to pay them and they're going to drop me anyhow should leave a nice chunk of now unclaimed time to do things that I haven't been able to fit in the schedule of late.

There are also some slightly happier goings on. The books I requested from the public library are in. Hurrah for interlibrary loan! Now I will have the ability to do the research on musical instrument making for my ceramics independent study even though I won't be in the class anymore. At least I can take notes and put them in my notebook for the next opportunity I get to work with clay. I've been doing a lot of crochet. I finished up the blanket for my cousin's wedding later this month and I'm almost finished with the blanket for the other cousin's wedding that happened back in August. I'm also way behind where I thought I would be on my sister's wedding quilt. I think she's going to be getting a quilt top for her wedding gift and then it will be quilted later on. Pictures coming soon.

I really like this cassowary photo. Brief research in the box office today has led me to believe they are dinosaur birds. I think I should turn this into some sort of a stencil for bags and such.

Image from IJsendoor's Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails