Friday, June 26, 2009

So we're moving...

Corey and I have both decided that we really need to use and/or get rid of a lot of the "stuff" we have accumulated over the last few years. I have a lot of things that I really do not have much use for and would really rather not drag across the country with me. As a result, I will be drastically reducing my fabric stash by whatever means necessary. Mostly I will be making quilt tops and then sending them to my parents to make into quilts for me. Mom doesn't mind making quilt sandwiches and tying the layers together; she does not like making the actual quilt tops themselves. This morning most of my fabric stash looked like this:
That is all of the fabric out of the back/storage room. That does not include the 2 totes' worth of fabric that is still under my bed. I am working on getting it all washed and dried and ready to cut and use. Everything in the pile above was sorted by fabric type and use and now look like this:

Cotton knits and things I'm using on Dez and Mike's quilt.


Silks, satins and brocades on the left. Box with huge piece of floral cotton off-frame at top. Stack of poly/cotton blends on left side of fridge, pile of cotton/silk in center of fridge, stack/pile of cotton and cotton prints to right.


Tote of tulle (and burlap rice bag). This will be used in making frilly aprons. Dez requested a frilly apron and by golly she will be getting a frilly apron alright!


Laundry tote of silks and poly-blends, pile of 18+ yards shiny textured fabric Dez will soon have curtains made from, box of leather and fur scraps/remnants.


I also have a big bag of t-shirt type cotton knit. That will be part of what stays in the stash I think. Still haven't decided exactly what will stay with me for sure as I will need to go through all of what I still have under my bed to make decisions regarding the final cut. I know there some silks and

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to getting the package in the mail. I have one for you also but I think I am going to wait until you get moved so that you can get it there and you don't have to worry about where to pack it. That and there are a few more things that I want to pack in it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails