Monday, July 20, 2009

We pick up the moving truck today and then the real fun starts

We've been preoccupied with packing stuff into boxes and giving things away for the last week or so. And before that we were in Arkansas visiting with family for the 4th. I got a good deal of work done on assembling the quilt while I was there and did quite a bit of embroidery on quilt strips/pieces as well.

I don't have any pictures to post right now because they are all on Corey's laptop. I made one piece with fireworks explosions embroidered onto it along with the year, 2009. I also embroidered "Hey good lookin' Whatcha got cookin'?" onto one of the bleached pieces I had used a kitchen spoon on. I fell asleep by the river working on that fireworks piece and you can kind of see the back of it in this pic that my aunt K took. Swimming in that cold, spring-fed river was tiring.


I learned that I need to invest in a tripod if I want to take good pictures of fireworks. I just shake too much no matter what. the photos I ended up with remind of very bright, multi-colored chrysanthemums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails