Thursday, October 29, 2009

currently in love with: makeshift blog

Artist Natalie Purschwitz is currently on Day 58 of a venture to wear only items she has made. While I am not ambitious enough to make my own handmade, aluminum shanked shoes, I would at some point like to be able to go at least 2 weeks wearing only natural fiber clothing I have made myself. I have been tossing around the idea of making my own undergarments and socks for quite a while now and, really, there is no good reason for me not to have at least tried making my own stockings by now.



I love this outfit. Lately I have been thinking about what I used to really enjoy doing when I was growing up and thinking maybe I missed the target a bit getting a music degree instead of pursuing something more art-based. The off-kilter-ness of some of her things look similar to a few I used to draw when I had notebooks full of clothing ideas. I think I may have an actual need for a shrug/cape similar to this. And the skirt is great, too. She makes things for her boutique, Hunt & Gather, in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The price tags are way out of my league, not to mention also that the items in question are not available in my size, but maybe I can whip up something inspired by the above outfit using fabrics I already have? We'll see. I probably have enough going on already with the wedding quilt and 2009 handmade chain-letter gifts to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails