Friday, October 1, 2010

Hang Em Dry and Blogtoberfest

© All rights reserved by i_hear_noises

Posting has slacked off here of late. It isn't that I haven't had the time, 'cause I have. I've just been avoiding the computer other than raid times lately. Generally being a slacker. Well, that and the whole almost-pneumonia thing I was talking about last week plus the fact that my pseudo-sister (who lives approximately 2 miles away from us with her hubby and their son, aka the awesome-est 3 year old I know) broke her wrist and I've been helping out at her house with dinners, driving and laundry and such. Enter Blogtoberfest. I'm number 189 on the list of participants because I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to take part in even though I know it won't be that hard to do. I could have been number 20 had I actually done something about it before now. (See? Slacker, I'm tellin' ya. I need to roll for initiative or something.) I don't know if I will actually be able to motivate myself enough to post every single day, but the fact that there are other people signed up to do the same thing will be a mental kick in the rear.

I am also participating in another Crunchy Chicken challenge: Hang 'Em Dry. The laundry rack I got from CSN stores was in anticipation of this challenge and I have, in fact, been air drying all of my laundry on it ever since it arrived last week. At least I haven't been slacking on that. Deanna is trying to get 100 households to participate in this challenge so if you are in the least interested (who wouldn't be interested in energy-free laundry drying and clothes that last longer?), click on over via the link above or the button on my sidebar under "Things I Do" and sign up. Or if you have a Facebook or Twitter and wouldn't mind spreading the word, she has this for copy/paste:  

If you could tweet or Facebook or otherwise help out I would be much appreciative!

"Join 100 families to save $ and 5.5 tons of CO2 by air drying your laundry in October's Hang Em Dry Challenge: http://tinyurl.com/27khd9a"

As far as for in the realm of awesome, I found a tutorial for making sugar skull stuffies from the awesome blog life with monkey. I can totally see those on a garland or bunting adorning the doorway to my house to greet the trick-or-treaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails