Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Totally Last-Minute Costume

Costume sketch for female Hoots (forgot to draw in alto sax), October 2010.



My costume is totally last minute this year. I’ve been waffling between zombie, vampire, Mad Hatter, pirate, and ghost. And at this point you’re probably thinking wow, indecisive much? This morning I woke up with the idea to be an owl and a plan to make my costume using an old slip and bits from my fabric and scraps stashes. Totally free and recycling. Awesome. Now I just need to get my bum in gear to clear out the sewing machine and get on with the snipping and stitching.

That pic above is a scan from one of my always-nearby sketch and idea notebooks. Drawing took maybe about 5 minutes after I woke up so it's really sloppy and not particularly detailed. I foresee the sewing and crafting area being a certifiable disaster afterward, but my costume will (hopefully) be totally rockin'! 'Cause the plan is for not just any owl, but a feminine version of my favorite Sesame Street character, Hoots. I haven't had the sax out in a while, but I still know my way around a concert E flat blues scale no problem.


Here's one of my favorite Hoots appearances. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails