|Reprint of vintage Simplicity sew pattern including 4 different toys and gift bag for giving. This is the pattern up for grabs in the giveaway and is currently out of print.|
Hello to visitors from SMS Giveaway Day! I jumped on the bandwagon a little late, as in last night. See this post for more explanation as to motivation for that. I wasn't completely sure I wanted to have my giveaway right away after finding this pattern again even though I was planning on having a giveaway for it months ago. As such, I only have the pattern ready right now. I need to collect a few pieces of my hand dyed fabrics to photograph and add to this giveaway, but that will absolutely happen before noon CST so no worries (it will be naturally dyed fabrics, probably mostly rust-dyed). At this time, I plan on two winners. One fabric winner and one pattern winner. However, if there is overwhelming interest/participation, I will certainly consider poking around my other sewing/crafting-related collection boxes to see what I can find and very possibly making some additional handmade by me something(s) for additional winners.
Here are the rules for my giveaway this time 'round.
1. At this time I can only afford to ship within the US. My apologies to international readers, but the finances just aren't there for it right now.
2. Each comment to this post will be considered an entry, but need to be answers to the question prompt I will pose to you here in a few moments.
3. Constructive comments to other posts here will also count as entries. (For example, if you read a cooking post and know of a better, faster, or tastier way to accomplish the same or a similar dish.)
4. You can enter as many times as you like as long as each new entry is a relevant comment following the two points above.
5. You do not have to be a follower or subscriber to participate, but if you like what I have going on here I would love it if you would do so.
6. For the sake of my sanity in deciding winners: The pattern winner will be chosen solely from comments to this post answering the question below as it is baby/child-related and the pattern is also. The fabric winner will be chosen from constructive comments to other posts. (So if you only want to win one or the other, please keep that in mind.)
7. On Friday, December 17, I will most likely use random number generator to choose winners unless there are only a few entrants.
And now for the question prompt. I need help figuring out what cute things to put on baby items, please. My sister and her husband are expecting their first child in April. I am told recently that it is a girl, however, I know these two will be having more children in the future and so I am wanting to keep most items relatively gender-neutral. I do not have money to buy cute, baby-related fabrics and so all of the cute details included on the onesies, diaper covers and blankets and such I make will have to be embroidered or painted on by me. The couple is, I suppose, your average educated, religious couple, well-versed in gaming and Internet culture as well both being hunters so I would like the decorative elements of items I make to reflect such (gaming and/or Internet culture, hunting, not-too-cutesy animal and general baby stuff, general geekery, books and reading, pirates, ninjas, etc.). Ideas, please?
|Fabrics available for giveaway. All organic cotton fat quarters, natural dyed by me. From left to right: walnut dye, rust with walnut overdye, very light rust with very light walnut overdye, rust dyed.|
And these are the fabrics available. They are all organic fat quarters, 4 in total, dyed by me. The only one of these that could possibly be reproduced is the far left with a strong walnut dye, the others are all completely one of a kind, never to be repeated. I am especially fond of the patterning on the far right piece, very detailed and intricate.