Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Friday

No photos this time, sorry. I'm currently watching the kid and using tiny laptop at his house. Forgot to bring my camera with me, but I do need to do a photo dump from there some time very soon.

I'm happy to be having sunshine again. Nobody around here has basements to speak of. Some houses have crawl spaces and I think I've seen maybe external two storm shelters in the last year we've been here, but there is an overall shortage of what my grandfather would have referred to as 'hidey holes.' Staying up all night watching the weather warnings for the last week has left me really, really tired but thankful that what we got here was nothing compared to what they got further south in Alabama. We had some power outages, downed trees and the like; oh, and the rivers got to flood stage this time around, but unlike last year the people managing the rivers around here were aware of how much rain was coming and started shutting down dams further upriver starting almost a week in advance so th3ere was no flooding to speak of.

I will be contacting giveaway entrants within the next week about shipping info. There ended up only being three people interested, but if you are interested and missed the original post I can still make up a couple more packages. Just let me know by leaving a comment here or on the original post.

2 comments:

  1. We didn't get very much from the storms. Got a little bit of wind, barely any rain... not much at all. I couldn't imagine getting storms like that. And knock on wood that I'll never have to see or be in a hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails