Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 2011 FNSI

This month's Friday Night Sew-In is in two days. Click on the button below to go to the sign-up form. Don't know what the sew-in is about? Check out this post by FNSI founder Heidi.


Handmade by Heidi


It doesn't feel like it's been an entire month since April's sew-in, but I guess busybusy makes the time fly by. Though busybusy with what exactly I'm not entirely sure as it seems like all I've really gotten done lately is a lot of housework and some mending. I don't know how people with kids do it, I seem to require a lot of quiet, sitting outside, me-time lately. I have been doing some reading lately, though, and while it isn't visible accomplishment it is something I need to start doing a lot more of again. I currently have three books in process: Jean M. Auel's The Clan of the Cave Bear, Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs and Steel and Edward Abbey's Desert Solitaire. Three because I'm notorious for losing books part way through reading them and right now the only one I can readily locate is Desert Solitaire. I also picked u a copy of Gabriel García Márquez's Love in the Time of Cholera at the public library's book sale recently and I'm looking forward to starting that soon because I was pretty well blown away by 100 Years of Solitude. The library also has a copy of Gabriel García Márquez's Memorias de mis Putas Tristes that I keep meaning to check out, but then I get distracted by all the neat sewing, quilting and crafting books available on the second floor, like this one and this one. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails