Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival

 An old 1917 Singer industrial machine head on display in unknown museum in Washington, D.C., photographed by Corey. This was the very first sewing machine model Singer ever commercially produced!


Have you ever heard of Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by quilter and published author Amy Ellis? I hadn't until recently. I was recently thinking about quilting possibilities for the bagfuls and bagfuls of scraps I have in my closet and looking for a wide variety of style and subject examples when I found Amy's blog and spent a couple hours perusing through past entries from 2011 and 2010 and found a lot of very pretty and inspiring works of stitch-y and functional textile art. (Go click on over and take a look! There is some really amazing craftsmanship and artwork on display in those Linky entries, from all skill levels!) You can also look through the Flickr pool here.

Of this spring's festival Amy writes:
To Participate & Win : :
1 – Write a post the week of the festival (old posts will be deleted).  Please respect my efforts and the efforts of the event sponsors, and do not offer giveaways in your Quilt Festival post.
2 – In your post link back to the festival.
3 – Share a link to your post, in the linky on the festival post.
4 – Leave me a comment on the festival post to be entered into giveaways.
5 – Visit all the other quilters sharing their quilts and be inspired!

The next Festival will run May 18-25, 2012. I've only ever completed one quilt before, and it was decidedly non-traditional (a photo of which is currently my blog background at the moment), but I am thinking of finishing up a more traditional scrap quilt I have started and entering it in the festival. The super-traditional paper-pieced hex quilt top I am still working on will not possibly be done in time, though I could perhaps apply the technique to making something smaller such as potholders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails