Saturday, May 4, 2013

Of Art Camps and Littles

Awesome pinch pots made by kindergarten class, fired by me.


Hello again, lovelies. It's no mystery that I have been gone for AGES, but I never elucidated on why I disappeared. Last summer I had an internship at Cheekwood Art and Gardens for their summer art camps. I primarily worked the ceramics camps and fired over 4,000 pieces of artistic and functional student art as well as teacher assisting classes and giving wheel-throwing demonstrations. It was a total blast! I am looking forward to volunteering on a less formal basis again this summer as I don't have the time for working 9 hour days 5 days a week this year.

And that is because of this little beauty:

Baby River, 11 days old.


River was born February 8 via c-section and she has been keeping us extremely occupied ever since. Things have begun to settle into a bit of a routine now, however, and I am looking forward to blogging again regularly and reopening the Etsy shop in the near future. I have a nice post of DIY and free printable Mother's Day items coming up the beginning of the week. Until then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails